1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost Google Play

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scott240, Aug 17, 2012.

1. scott240

scott240 Newbie

I am not sure exactly how it happened on my rooted droid razr but somehow google play got deleted. I tried downloading an apk file for it but none of them worked, neither did rebooting. I then read somewhere about unrooting the phone and then doing a full factory reset. So I followed the directions for unrooting the phone using adb(although now that it is done I am convinced that it did not fully unroot because prior to unrooting it I had made some changed using rom toolbox and those changes are still there). And google play is still not on my phone. Is there anyway to just reflash android 4.0.4 to my phone and completely start over. I am not new to the whole rooting process, or even unrooting as I have gone through quite a few devices, but this one is just beyond me. Any help would be much appreciated. So far I really like this phone and I would hate to be stuck not being able to download anything from the market place.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Moved to Root section so you can get a little more specific help :)

3. SyrStorm

SyrStorm Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but I would suggest possibly rerooting your phone using Matt's utility 1.81 and flash the Google apps (gapps) package in whatever recovery and see if it is there. If not, I would go back and use Matt's utility to fast boot back to stock .211 and see if it is there then. Hope this help, from my understanding of how you would fix it, although I have not rooted the phone

4. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

Yes. Reroot, Google search for gaaps. Find the most recent one(but make sure it's for ics) and then flash it using bootstrap or safestrap. That will fix your issue

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Then isntall Titanium Backup and back up all those apps so this will never be a problem for you again.

carracerz14 likes this.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews