1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

lost internet on my Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gbunner, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gbunner

gbunner Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I switched my Sprint phone service to an Evo I bought online only to find out it was bad and has to be sent back. Now when I switched service back to my Hero I lost my internet. Sprint operator had me go into Settings/About Phone to update something, but because my phone is rooted, what she was looking for wasnt there. I tried updating my phone to the latest version of Cyanogen but now things are worse be cause i lost all my contacts now too. I cant get online to get Google to sync. How can I restore my internet, or do I have to un-root my phone and have Sprint help me? Help? Please?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. gbunner

gbunner Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    Ended up just reseting my phone back to the factory settings, got everything working now but I am no longer rooted

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    You usually have to be on a stock ROM to activate your handset with Sprint or any carrier. You can also be on a custom ROM based on the stock ROM, like Liquid Sense 2.1, but that is sometimes hit or miss so I would just go with a stock ROM.

I would recommend rooting your Sprint HTC Hero again with Z4Root. Just do a search in this subforum and you will find oodles of threads outlining the process.

Tags: