• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*LOST?* is there any other solution rather than HARD RESET for battery drainage?

ZDK

Mar 18, 2010
Peace ALL,

Been following the forums closely (particularly Early Mon's post found here: http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html)
I was an early adopter of the 'unofficial' FROYO leak and while i havent had any significant issues (i'd rather wait for fix from HTC:rolleyes:) i have suffered from an incredibly leaking battery once its off charge (i use SWITCH PRO WIDGET battery monitor) and it appears that im losing 1% every minute.
While i dont mind doing a HARD RESET--its just time consuming reconfiguring some of my apps' settings--I would like to take a less dramatic approach. i know there are proponents on both sides of fence (for HARD RESET and against it) and wanted to know my options.

Thanks in Advance as always
-ZDK-

if you don't have it download spare parts and look in battery history then click partial wake usage then go to all time and see if the facebook app is draining it or whatever app is
Not to hijack the OP's thread but I'm having the same problems, have looked to see what apps may be the culprit but this info is great! I downloaded Spare Parts this morning but I didn't know about the partial wake usage. Mine is showing the Android System and UID 1018 draining the most. What is UID?

To OP, someone told me (sorry forgot who, it's in another thread) to go to settings>applications>Running Services and that will also show what's being used and you can close things from there. That helped me a lot. I killed a coupon app and photobucket and so far, my awake time much lower than up time since I closed them.

Upvote 0
if you don't have it download spare parts and look in battery history then click partial wake usage then go to all time and see if the facebook app is draining it or whatever app is

This is great advice. I've been doing this and it always helps me find out the culprit app draining my battery. It's best to charge it for a second, leave the phone alone for like an hour and then go back in and look at the battery history and choose "since last unplugged".

Upvote 0
I remember everyone was talking about the official FB app causing the phone to stay awake, but from my understanding they fixed that in v 1.3.1--or did they?
FB 1.3.1 no longer has the partial wake state problem.
I have it installed with notifications and sync turned on and made it 24 hours with 12% left on my battery,
I turn off nothing wifi on all day and gps always on.
The secret is fresh rom.
I could not go overnight with FB 1.3 but this has been fixed very quickly by the fb for android dev team.

Upvote 0
I'm going to tell you something is wrong with some of these handsets. I just got off the phone with Sprint tech support because I'm showing usage of almost 3400 minutes this month and no way is that correct. In fact my total minutes counter on the handset only reads 2500 minutes. This phone either is staying on hook after phone calls or is dialing phantom calls on its own. Sprint has instructed me to bring the handset back to service for evaluation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones