1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Lost mobile phone, need help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zaibutzu, Sep 3, 2010.

1. zaibutzu

zaibutzu New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    So i'm always signed in to my gmail account on my mobile phone. I just lost the phone.

Now the person who stole it, can simply access my email. I believe that if i change the password on my desktop computer, the mobile phone will still be signed in to the email account.

This being a business email account, i need to prevent any access to it. Please provide some help, on how to log off from my email account in the phone, from my desktop computer. (If that's even possible) I combed trough the gmail settings, can't find anything with regards to this. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Changed the password to your account from your computer.

I think that's just about all you can do. Hopefully you had a pattern lock programmed (and active) to help prevent any unauthorized access.

3. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Female
    Whitewater, Wisconsin
    I agree with Kelmar, change the pw. Did you have any security apps on your phone like Wavesecure? There's several apps that will allow you to remotely wipe your phone. If you didn't have it on this one, make sure you put something on your next phone!

4. zaibutzu

zaibutzu New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Ok, thanks for the help.

5. Jimmykimchi

Jimmykimchi Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Motive Energy IT Assistant
    California
    Hey, what you can do is call up your service provider and report your phone stolen . and they'll de-activate your # and that'll make your phone not work . thats one way .. but doest let you sign off your e-mail