1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lost my 3G and 1x. help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qandres12, Aug 10, 2012.

1. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

alright so i was testing a few things out with my admire and the best way to say this is that i PARTIALLY lost my data. i can make calls but thats it. what i did was try out the Odin stock.tar to see if you still lose all your data. and id it. so then i did a restore with a backup and my network was fully restored but with the yellow triangle now there i did the process of removing it, updating with the generic version, doing a restore with a nandroid. and it did remove the triangle and i beleive i still have full data. i noticed that when you do a update and do restore you still keep the basehand version. so i didnt want the one from the generic update so i did the official metropcs update. and then restored back with my backup and ever since i cant get 3G or 1x. ive tried airplane mode, other backups including the "stock" one from here, clearing the data of google services framework which is something that worked for me a few days ago, and upadting the prl. nothing works. in the setting my network is metropcs, im in service state but my mobile network state is disconnected... i know if i did the update again i would restore my partially lost data but i dont want to be on that update until there is a fully compatible way to root. any help or ideas on this. im gonna try to fix this issue today and if nothing works then ill call metro tomorrow and hopefully i can get them to reprogram my phone over the air. i can still make calls and text so thats why i call it partially lost data

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

you may have data outage
    re update your prl
    go to pure stock 2.3.4
    or re flash everything you can best i can say is to reprogram your phone over the air but i rather update to 2.3.6 go to metropcs and take it their and ask them why i don't get data cause it removes all traces of root so you can get a new phone

3. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

im gonna try to reprogram over the air tomorrow by calling Metro, gives me time to see if its restores itself. i tried the update to see if the data would come back but it didnt so i restored back. if worst comes to shove, ill just update it again and then call or go to metro and blame it on the update ;)

4. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

well if anyone cares or has this problem i did call metro and they told me they would look into this problem and it should be fixed within the next 5 days and if not then i should call back. anyways is didnt want to wait 5 days sooo i did this and got my network back. currently testting speeds on mob ip only and simple ip only

"Using QPST
    Hit Read from phone put your SPC

1- Go to M.IP tab and select profile 0 and edit your user name remove the "aaak." just for the first row. Should be (yournumber@mymetropcs.com)
    then change the mobile ip behavior to: simple IP only

2- Go to PPP Config - and choose Um, change the user name (Your Phone#@mymetropcs.com) the password is your SPC

3- Go to PPP Config- and choose AN, change the user name (Your Phone#@mymetropcs.com) the password is your SPC

4 -Write to Phone (wait for phone to restart)
    wait a few mins and your 1X/3G should be back!

update: also i undid the the tweaks and but back what was originally there (aaak.) etc and i still got my network back ;) guess i did a better job than metro did lol

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews