• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost my droid last night...

I have an App called SmrtGuard on my Blackberry which is also available on the Market for free. It can wipe your device remotely and also find it. You go to their website and login and it is shows you a map where your device is within a few hundred feet. Of course your phone needs to be "on" and not smashed into a bunch of pieces along the side of the highway somewhere ;)

Upvote 0
Well i left my wallet and droid on top of my car and drove off. Pretty pissed. So in the event this happens again with my new droid, is there any apps that will help me find my phone if it is lost or stolen? :mad:

MobileDefense can track it as well, but is currently in closed beta.

Have you called it already to see if a good samaritan may have picked it up? Have you already called VZW to suspend the account/blacklist the phone?

Upvote 0
Last year my son lost his phone while we were on vacation. I checked with lost & found at the venue we were at within 30 minutes of losing it, and again before closing, but no luck. It was a prepaid phone, so I didn't bother reporting it to the carrier, as there was only a $10 balance on it.

After we got home, I looked up the call records for calls made after he lost the phone, and started calling the numbers. On the first few calls I struck out, reaching someone wouldn't rat out their friend who had called them. On the next call I got lucky - reaching an honest grandmotherly-sounding woman who had overheard some kids talking about finding something. I called her back a few hours later and she had the phone in her hands, and the kids were in deep doo doo.

The following Monday I mailed here a prepaid priority mail box and she returned the phone to us, and refused any type of reward.

So, even though whoever finds your phone may not be a good samaritan, they may use it to call someone who is.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones