1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost my Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EKG, Feb 10, 2011.

1. EKG

EKG Android Enthusiast

No idea where it is. I would think it is most likely out of power (although, when I called it tonight, it rang the full amount of times before going to voice mail). If it somehow does still have power, is there any way to locate it? I didn't have any locator app installed, as I figured a situation like this would never arise. I still don't even know how it happened. I take better care of my phone than anything. It never leaves my pocket or my hand.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

Did you have lookout mobile security, wheres my droid, or verizon's mobile recovery thing? the first and last have gps locating. Unfortunately, you've got to have it on there prior to loosing it.

3. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Did you happen to instal Mobile Recovery on your phone? If not, ....ouch! :(

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

I am the same way with my phone....but i downloaded lookout the other day just in case something like this happens. hopefully i never have to use it, but it is nice to know i will never have to make a post like this if it does happen.

5. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Android Enthusiast

https://market.android.com/

can't we install apps from the market now??? You could install Mobile REcovery or Lookout Mobile Security from your computer and then use it to find the computer (I think) ....

6. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

yes we can. The only reason this won't solve his problem though is because you have to set these apps up with an account to fully utilize them. :( Nice thinking though! I didn't even think of that.

7. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast

I just tested that with another app. I went to the site and it installed on my phone. i am not sure if it will run though... Worth a shot.

8. bassett

bassett Newbie

I know this won't help you now, but I put "if you find me" messages on my phone. With my last phone (not a Droid), the wallpaper on my lock screen said, "If you find me, call XXXXX. Reward for safe return." Also added a sticky note to the back (underneath my case)....did this in case the phone finder could not power on the phone. Anyway, might sound silly, but I've lost phones twice over the years. One time, it was found under a table at a restaurant when I called to see if anyone found it. The second time, the person actually called me after seeing the boot up screen (it was locked so he couldn't access my contact list or emails in order to locate me). I don't do this as much now in part because of laziness, plus I have a finder app installed.

9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

Lost a phone once. Called it and some guy had it. I gave him my address and it never showed up. Could kick that guy's ass! I had Verizon lock the phone up.

10. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I hate this for you. I have never lost a phone, but my wife has lost two none smartphones and we never did find them. She has my old Droid 1 and I have Lookout and MyMobileRecovery installed on hers and my X. So, after reading your post I decided to pull up those apps and check them and make sure all is well and low and behold I had to set both of them back up. Looks like after flashing a new ROM and even doing a restore of the app (I think with data) that you still have to run the app and re-enter the account info and re-activate them. Wow! I would have been surprised if I had tried finding mine.

11. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member

if you have the VZW phone insurance Assurion. They also have a free phone locator app as a service.

12. dudeyboii

dudeyboii Lurker

We at Conceptone Technologies are working to solve the root cause of the problem. We normally happen to keep our phones somewhere and walk away, and then somebody picks it up and never returns. At home we keep it somewhere and then realise the battery is low and phone switches off.

Neverlose My Droid Pro - coming soon! which would solve most of such problems.

Check out the free version here - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.commonsware.android.mobiletracker&feature=search_result

13. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Go to the Market on your home computer

Locate and download Plan B (or just click here :) )
    It's created by the same people that made Lookout Mobile Security.

The market will install the app. It runs automatically, gets a location and sends a Gmail to the Google account associated with the phone.

Read the description in the market for additional options (text from another phone, etc)

Good luck!

edit: Wow, I just noticed the OP was in February. Guess my info is a little late.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews