1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

lost my messaging icon

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by glannon, Aug 2, 2013.

1. glannon

glannon Guest
    None
    Samsung Galaxy 3- my icon for messaging has disappeared. I didn't do anything except maybe put it in my pocket. I can only put on a smaller picture of my message log, not the icon that shows me when I have a new msg. Help this poor old grandma , please!

Advertisement

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    Hello and thank you for submitting your question to Android Forums!

Is this a tablet or phone? Is this a text messaging app or a chat app? It may be the widget that was "removed" from your homescreen.

3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2012
    Male
    Greenville,SC USA
    Hi and welcome glannon. Just a guess but it sounds as if while the device was in your pocket,the lockscreen most likely did not engage and touchscreen was active and some movement caused the dock messaging icon to be removed. Open the main applications drawer from the icon dock at bottom of screen,locate your messaging icon in app drawer,press down on the icon and hold your finger on it and drag the icon,you can either drag icon to main home screen then drag to dock or drag it directly back to the dock from the app drawer. I hope this helps out.

4. GolfBails

GolfBails Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2013
    The Messaging icon (along with a host of other icons) was hidden on my friend's Samsung. To show hidden apps, open the apps drawer and press the menu key. A popup list appears. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select "Show Hidden Apps". From there, you can drag & drop the icon to the dock area or any other screen page you prefer.