• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lost my pattern lock

Hi - I have a new droid. I set it up with a pattern lock. Worked fine for awhile. Then something happened (I don't know what) and I was forced to put in a 4 digit code - which I did. Now I have to unlock by putting in the code and hitting check. I don't know how to turn this off and go back to my pattner lock. I find the menu for this, but it's greyed out and I can't select.

Thanks,
Mary

Sounds like you might have added a corporate Exchange account with a mandatory PIN policy. If that's the case you can't disable the PIN lock or the timer unless you remove the Exchange account. An app like Touchdown may prevent your entire device from being locked if that's desired. IIRC, some of the non-stock Exchange apps won't lock your device but will require the PIN to access the Exchange client instead. You should verify this first though.

Definitely keep in mind any recent changes you made when attempting to troubleshoot an issue.

Reactions: whoisjohngalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones