1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lost my Phone in China, need some opinions.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sixstringedmatt, Jul 16, 2011.

1. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Grad Student
    DC
    Hi guys,

Lost my Droid 2 Global last night somewhere in China and I am at a loss for what to do. I am a Verizon subscriber so I doubt they can help me out while I am here, I am trying to get their Email submission page to load to email them.

Regardless of if they can help me or not, I will be back in the States early August and I have an upgrade available. I DO NOT want to spend ~$90 on an Assurion replacement. I DO NOT want to use my old Storm. I am waiting either the SG2, Bionic, or next Nexus to hit Verizon. I am still unsure about the Bionic.

Given this situation what would you guys do? I will try to see if Verizon can help me out seeing as I will be purchasing a new phone in the near future, extending my contract, etc. I just don't want to NOT have a decent phone in the meantime and don't want to chance losing my grandfathered unlimited data.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Sorry to hear that. Why not use Asurion if you have it? Then get the SGS2 when it comes out with your upgrade.

3. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    When you get the asurion replacement, you can just use it for a month, then sell it when you get your upgrade. You might even come out ahead, if you sell your refurb for at least 300.

4. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Grad Student
    DC
    I didn't even think about selling the refurb once I finally upgrade. I will take that into consideration! I have been throwing around the idea that it may just be worth filing a claim so when I do upgrade I have a backup phone/a Global phone, in case I go abroad again.

Definitely bummed about losing my handset though haha.