1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lost my phone - Uninstall 'Plan B' ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RotVeile, Jan 6, 2012.

1. RotVeile

RotVeile Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey guys, basicly I've just lost my phone in a bus.
    I know the app 'Plan B' could help me find it, but I installed 'Plan B' a long time ago.
    And now I'm unable to track my HTC Desire Z because I can't run 'Plan B' from my PC. Or can I?
    Do you have any ideas how I can locate my phone or uninstall 'Plan B', so I can install it on my phone via my PC again?

Please help me, I'm freaking out :(

Thanks, RotVeile

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    A user in the Esteem forum had his phone stolen. So when he got his phone replaced he tested out Plan B for future know how incase it happened again. Plan B ONLY works if the GPS is turned on, on the phone. If its not Plan B does not work. I even installed it and tried it with the GPS off told them to find my phone they sent me an email said the location of my phone will be determined and sent back to me. That was like a month ago. Still nada. Ive even turned my GPS since then and still nada.

Hopefully whoever finds your phone is honest and either turns it over to a store or tries to call someone in your contacts. Have you tried to call the phone? Is it on or off?

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Wheres My Droid has some kind of trick for remote installation and another for turning GPS on, or so they seem to say -- I, praise be, have not lost my phone (yet?) so can't attest to the truth of their claims.

4. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert
    None

Jan 18, 2011