• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root !lost my wifi... Help!

Joe Eris

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Riverside CA
I re-flashed evil eris 4 today, & before I did I wiped data/factory then wiped dalvic. When I rebooted & got to the set up screen(set up google account ect.) the wifi worked! so I hit the toggle,& turned it off to make sure the 3G worked. Ever since then I cannot connect to my home wifi :thinking: any suggestions?

If you go into Settings->Wireless & Networks-> WiFi settings, does it have an error next to your SSID name? If you click and tell it to reconnect, does it work?

Also, from that settings screen, I always set me eris using Menu->Advanced and set WiFi Sleep Policy to "never" - once I am connected, I want to stay that way.

Upvote 0
If you go into Settings->Wireless & Networks-> WiFi settings, does it have an error next to your SSID name? If you click and tell it to reconnect, does it work?

Also, from that settings screen, I always set me eris using Menu->Advanced and set WiFi Sleep Policy to "never" - once I am connected, I want to stay that way.
In wireless & Networks it tries to connect, it says "obtaining ip address" then it says "unsuccessful"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones