• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Network Connection

funker

Nov 9, 2009
After reading the forums and changing settings and doing a few battery cycles, I had been getting really good battery life of at least two days on medium usage and 3 days on light with my connection not having any real issues.

Then, 2 days ago I installed weatherbug and beautiful widgets. While I enjoy both, it seems like my network connection goes down fairly often now and I need to turn on wifi to check email or do anything else web related. Has anyone else lost their network connection and been able to narrow down the cause? I'm hoping it's not one of these two, but I can't imagine what else it would be.
Thanks,
Mike

i too dled beautiful widgets and lost data connection until i restarted the phone. i uninstalled it and i haven't had any problems since. if u read the changelog for the lastest ver 2.15 it said was fixed for 1.5 cupcake. i think not all of the bugs are fixed yet. i also had f/c with wifi widget. beautiful app but i cant have my data connection being cut off all the time. will buy later when fixed.

Upvote 0
After reading the forums and changing settings and doing a few battery cycles, I had been getting really good battery life of at least two days on medium usage and 3 days on light with my connection not having any real issues.

Then, 2 days ago I installed weatherbug and beautiful widgets. While I enjoy both, it seems like my network connection goes down fairly often now and I need to turn on wifi to check email or do anything else web related. Has anyone else lost their network connection and been able to narrow down the cause? I'm hoping it's not one of these two, but I can't imagine what else it would be.
Thanks,
Mike

another thing that mite help out is goto settings>about phone>system update and update profile and update prl that helped me alot

Upvote 0
another thing that mite help out is goto settings>about phone>system update and update profile and update prl that helped me alot

So it fixed the issues? I tried updating those but everytime I tried my 3g connection would cut out and it would give a error and say no connection or something. Need 2.0 now the 1.5 patched os is super buggy. So much issues.

Upvote 0

Thanks,
Mike
I know people like it but I used to do service calls for Comcast and it seems like anytime someone had that on their home computer it would have issues.
I started thinking of weather bug as a virus.

Bear in mind this was several years ago.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that Beautiful Widgets is the cause of your problems. I've used Weatherbug since last April on multiple handsets. However, I did not start using Beautiful Widgets on my phone until I got my Rezound. This is due tot he fact that the built-in WiFi toggle not functioning correctly (known issue according to HTC). I uninstalled BW today and have not lost connectivity once since then. If this does not resolve the issue, I will return. However, it does make sense that it is a BW issue....it is an app that has permissions to effect both WiFi AND Mobile network connectivity...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones