1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost phone....oh god!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Jsyline, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Jsyline

Jsyline Lurker

I lost my HTC One S phone tonight. It had all my client's phone numbers and all sort of business securities. I even have pictures with my girlfriends (nothing nude though) kissing and such. I did have a pattern lock on it but I am still scared.

If the person guessed my pattern lock wrong a few times, does my phone auto wipe my datas? If not, how long will it be locked for?

Also, I don't know what to install to get it back. I didn't install any phone tracking programs and my phone is dying when I lose it.

Anyone who've been there and experienced this? Thanks!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Plan B is the 'find my phone' app that you download AFTER you lose your phone.

I haven’t tried it but hear it works. I suppose whover has it has to have its power on.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

If you know the password to your gmail, which i assume you do, you can install a finder app on it like the person above me suggested, but you need to be quick, otherwise you may be screwed when the phone is powered down.

Hope this helps :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep i also recommend plan b. and to prevent what digital controller mentioned about having a dead phone is to get lookout from the same devs as plan b. it has a feature where it will save the last known position when the battery starts to run low.