• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost phone - Where to go for getting replacement?

ub3r-l33ch

Dec 7, 2009
Recently upgraded my girlfriend's phone to the Epic. She lost it last night. I didn't have any apps on it to locate it. The battery is now dead, it goes straight to voicemail when you call it. Does anyone know if Sprint can track the last known location of it or something like that? We upgraded through Best Buy. I did have the total equipment protection plan. Where is going to be the best place to go to for a replacement?

Recently upgraded my girlfriend's phone to the Epic. She lost it last night. I didn't have any apps on it to locate it. The battery is now dead, it goes straight to voicemail when you call it. Does anyone know if Sprint can track the last known location of it or something like that? We upgraded through Best Buy. I did have the total equipment protection plan. Where is going to be the best place to go to for a replacement?

Good Q...just subscribing.

Upvote 0
AS you note you have TEP your exposure is $100 for the deductible for phone replacement.

I hope you called Sprint right away as you are exposed on charges, for example long distance calls, which are the first thing a bad guy will do with your phone until it is cut off. Call sprint and report it missing right away.

I don't beleive Sprint will do any locating for you. Your best bet if possible is to check where you lost it to see if there is any lost and found.

Call Sprint right away and have the phone removed from your account temporarily,. they can put it back if you find it.

Upvote 0
AS you note you have TEP your exposure is $100 for the deductible for phone replacement.

I hope you called Sprint right away as you are exposed on charges, for example long distance calls, which are the first thing a bad guy will do with your phone until it is cut off. Call sprint and report it missing right away.

I don't beleive Sprint will do any locating for you. Your best bet if possible is to check where you lost it to see if there is any lost and found.

Call Sprint right away and have the phone removed from your account temporarily,. they can put it back if you find it.

All sound advice. Also, I recommend recommend immediately changing the password on the Google account linked to that phone.

(I lost an Android once, and it taught me a lesson about keeping the screen locked. If her screen was not locked, all the more reason to think about damage control on security.)

Good that she has TEP and will only out of pocket $100. I think either Sprint will give her a new phone immediately or Asurion, the insurance underwiter, will overnight one.

Upvote 0
I've put a suspension on the phone with sprint customer service. I'll get the google account password changed. What's going to be the best way to get it replaced? A new phone vs. refurbished would be the best obviously. But getting one quickly is better than waiting days. Best Buy? Sprint store? Call customer care?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Upvote 0
I've put a suspension on the phone with sprint customer service. I'll get the google account password changed. What's going to be the best way to get it replaced? A new phone vs. refurbished would be the best obviously. But getting one quickly is better than waiting days. Best Buy? Sprint store? Call customer care?

Thanks for the replies guys.
Here's a link: Make a Replacement Claim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones