1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Lost Pics! HELP PLEASE!?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by N00B Moment, Nov 14, 2009.

1. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Hello guys, as you probably can tell I am new and have a little problem I hope I can find help with.

I just got my Moment yesterday and I have spent some time getting to know my new device and all. Well a lil while ago I started getting everything ready to swap off my old phone (pics, ring tones, music and such)
    Well I started by taking the media on my old sd card and put it all into a single folder on my PC. I then hookede up the Moment to the PC and all that went ok. I started to transfer the pics, I highlighted most of em and clicked on "MOVE" selected files (first mistake, should have COPIED!) Anyway I MOVED them into the Moment folder . . . DMIC (or however its called). . . THUMNAILS (thinking, PICS. . Thumbnails for some reason made sense to me) I got look on the moment and there is nothing there. NOW ALL my pics are GONE! I have NO CLUE at all where they went or how to access them. My first reaction was. . . OK the Moment didnt recognize the pics but they are still in there if I look at the folder FROM the PC. . . but they are NOT. Can someone PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this?!!

Also. . . how come the Moment will not recognize my old ringtones?

In the end I ended up adding all my music into another folder on the Moment called 100driod or something like that and I can access the tunes and even added a couple random pics to that same folder too and those pics showed up fine. Just need to find my lost ones now!

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Ok Slightly confused but hopefully this should help:

You put the photo's in the DCIM -> Thumbnails folder? If so you have to take them from the "Thumbnails" folder and put them in the Camera folder {DCIM -> Camera}.

If their is no "Camera" Folder -> Just right click in the Folder DCIM and then create a new one called Camera. When you go to the Gallery {after un-pugging your phone from the PC} you should see the photos **Hopefully** :)

3. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Thanks for the reply Carl. I would love to try that next time, but all my pics are gone. After I realized they were not showing on the Moment, I then went to the PC to see if the were showing there, but they were not. I have no clue where they went to. All I DO know is I MOVED them into that folder. When I get home again, I'm gonna mess with it some more to see what I can figure out. Who knows, I may even get the instruction book out of the plastic and see what that says. LOL!

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Maybe you can run some software like "Recuva" on the Memory card and maybe that will bring up some of the Pictures on the memory card???