• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lost recovery mode

leiko49

Lurker
Jul 13, 2009
Problem is fixed. Thanks for your help.

I used my mac bootcamp (could not get sdk to run on my desktop or mac), and could find my device through adb. Then I pushed a separate version of the RA 1.7.0 G (the one the came with rom manager did not work!) to my phone via flash command. Voila, I am now able to go into recovery mode. 6.0 is installed and running.

Here was the original problem
I am unable to go into recovery mode.

I have a rooted mytouch, running Cyanogenmod 5.0.7 with android 2.1. I have used it for about a year without problem, and without trying to make changes. Naturally, recovery mode worked last year when I first rooted it.
I recently initiated efforts to upgrade to cyanogen 6.0.0 with android 2.2
I started by installing Rom Manager, and immediately after using Rom Manager to install clockworkmod recovery, after which I attempted then to back up my current rom before upgrading it.
I have since been unable to go into recovery mode, using these methods
1. the features of rom manager, e.g., reboot into recovery
2. flash alternative recovery ra recovery v1.7.0G
3. with both 1.7.0G and clockworkmod, attempting to boot into recovery by powering up holding down home key and power key.

using each of these methods, the the phone is bricked at the red vodophone logo, until I take out the battery.

My original recovery, before installing rom manager and then installing clockworkmod was RAv1.2.0G.img, but I replaced this with the Rom manager.

In case this is important, my other software versions :
Hboot 1.33.2005 (sapp30000), Cpld 10, Radio 2.22.19.261
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones