• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost root after 4.3 Update

meat0255

Jan 8, 2012
Just installed the latest update from Asus(US epad 10.6.1.27.1-20130711 - went well) and I have lost my root. Yes I used OTA Root Keeper and it didn't work. Besides the OTA wouldn't install so I had to use the manual download method. So, I hooked her up to my PC and ran the Motochopper root. Seems it doesn't want to run on this update(worked fine for the 4.2 update). So, any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? I was going to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP Recovery(so I could do some flashing) but I'm waiting to hear back from Asus before I use the Version 8 Unlocker cause I don't know if it will work with the new update and I've come so far, I certainly don't want to brick it now. Any help or info would be appreciated....
Rootless in Detroit

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones