• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lost root after .605 update! Need help

droid507

Sep 19, 2010
So, I did a search and was not able to find the answers to my problems, I am sure it was answered, however I am still confused.

I was on Stock .602 and then I rooted with a one step computer method. After rooting, I kept the original ROM, however only froze some apps with TIBU.

The other day I got the notification for the .605 update and went ahead and updated it. It went thru w/o a glitch, however I lost root right after that.

My questions are:

1) How can I re-root? Can I follow the same process that I use to root initially or do I need to SBF.
2) Which ROMs can I install on the latest release. I wanted to finally install something and read that not all ROMs will work with the .605 release.

Thanks in advance,

use this method

Rooting Your GingerBread System .602 (Will Root .605 as well)
-Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
-Download and unzip ‘Psouza4's 1 Click Root′
-On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
-Plug phone into computer
-Navigate to the folder you unzipped 1 click root to and run ‘MotorolaOneClickRoot’
-Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

from this link....which happens to be the link that is stickied at the top of this forum.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ad-602-sbf-root-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html

Reactions: droid507
Upvote 0
So, I am not sure what's going on as I am unable to get past the first step in the root process. When I start the one click method, as the program tries to re-boot my phone it takes me to the bootloader screen and nothing happens afterwards.

I tried it twice and same thing happened. I have had to do battery pulls to get my phone back to working. Not sure what could be going on, I had no problems the first time I rooted with .602. Would the fact I froze some apps the TiBU affect this process? Those apps are still frozen, however the software update went through w/o a glitch. However, I did lose root after it.

Upvote 0
So, I am not sure what's going on as I am unable to get past the first step in the root process. When I start the one click method, as the program tries to re-boot my phone it takes me to the bootloader screen and nothing happens afterwards.

I tried it twice and same thing happened. I have had to do battery pulls to get my phone back to working. Not sure what could be going on, I had no problems the first time I rooted with .602. Would the fact I froze some apps the TiBU affect this process? Those apps are still frozen, however the software update went through w/o a glitch. However, I did lose root after it.

its possible that hosed it up. If your not sure just do an SBF/root/ then install the pre rooted .605

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/421330-stock-pre-rooted-deodexed-605-a.html

Upvote 0
its possible that hosed it up. If your not sure just do an SBF/root/ then install the pre rooted .605

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/421330-stock-pre-rooted-deodexed-605-a.html

1)Do I just install that file straight over my current build? I read the instructions on the link and it states that it can be installed on either .602 or .605...I am already on .605.
2)Or do I SBF to .602, then upgrade to .605 - then root, then install this file.

Sorry for the dumb questions, still a noob at all this.

Thanks again for all the help

Upvote 0

Did you remember to set your USB mode to 'charging only'?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones