1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Lost Root Privilages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by antnyh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I rooted via the instructions here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1121201. I was successfully using TI backup, Root Explorer and WiFi Hotspot. All was well Friday. Hadn't really used the phone over the weekend much. Tried to use the wifi tether today and it wouldn't work due to no root privilages. Same with TI and Root Explorer. The only thing I did over the weekend was install the hulu fix. I wouldn't think that would have any negative effects? Should I try and flash back to stock and start over? has anyone else had this problem? Oh and the su app is still on my phone. Any suggestions would be great.

Advertisement

2. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    Try two things:

1. Open Terminal Emulator (if you don't already have it, you can grab one free from the Market) and issue the "su" command (no quotes). If you get a "#" prompt, you still have root.
    2. Check your Superuser app and make sure these apps didn't somehow get denied root access.

3. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Update: Got it fixed by turning off the voodoo lag fix. Don't know why it worked, but haven't had an issue since. Funny thing is my SGT 10.1 lost root on the same day. I actually had to revert to a stock backup and reroot the thing again! It was a very bad day.