1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

lost sms vibrate notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbravo970, Apr 22, 2010.

1. jbravo970

jbravo970 New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    i seemed to have lost the phone vibration when receiving text messages even though the option is selected in sms/settings

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Advertisement

2. WozzaX

WozzaX Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I would try downloading and installing ChompSms or Handcent (or both) and see if you can get them to vibrate when you receive an sms.

Give it a try.

3. jbravo970

jbravo970 New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    funny enough i just tried chompsms. it has a test function under the sms notification settings. the phone issues an audible alert but no vibration.

if i set the phone into vibrate only mode via press and hold the power button i get sms vibration and obviously no sound.

i think i must have installed some app that's maybe set the vibration level off or down.

i played with some app where you can adjust all volume settings in one place, decided it was not for me and uninstalled it. i possibely had this issue since then.

4. whitworth

whitworth Member

Apr 20, 2010
    This happened to mine also. After I realised this (not sure if it was doing it from when I first got it or the day after when I discovered the problem) I played around with the settings and installed an app but had no luck

In the end i reset to factory settings and it's been fine since.

5. digital_slave

digital_slave Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I had the same problem. The phone would vibrate when a call was received (as expected) but when messages/notifications were received all I had was an audible tone. I played around with the settings and even did a hard reset but still had the same problem.

I even got in touch with HTC.

However I couldn't wait for a reply so took it back to Virgin who gave me a new one.

And if you're wondering what HTC had to say.... they told me to play around with the settings and a hard reset. Failing that, take it back to shop ha ha ha! DUH!

6. jbravo970

jbravo970 New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    thanks for all the input.

i have tried installing handcent and same situation. vibration notification set but no joy when hitting the test button.

i will try a factory reset tonight.

7. jbravo970

jbravo970 New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Tried factory reset. Reset with restore makes no difference. Reset without doing restore from SD card fixes the problem.

Tags: