• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lost sonyericsson calendar from x10 calendar app

jadeo33

Lurker
Jun 5, 2011
Hey everyone, iv lost the SE calendar from the calendar app on the x10. I was just wondering if anyone knows of how to reinstall the calendar in the app as that was the defult calendar to save to.. The gmail cslendar is stil accessible but not the phones calendar. If it is possible to reload the caendar that would b a great help as I havent backed up the phone for a long time. Thanks in advance ;-)

Hey everyone, iv lost the SE calendar from the calendar app on the x10. I was just wondering if anyone knows of how to reinstall the calendar in the app as that was the defult calendar to save to.. The gmail cslendar is stil accessible but not the phones calendar. If it is possible to reload the caendar that would b a great help as I havent backed up the phone for a long time. Thanks in advance ;-)

Do you have your phone rooted and you removed it?

If so, you will need to find the right version of Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk

So install an app like Titanium plus....find the right APKs and load them.

To me, that sounds like it would take too long.

I would do a backup and reflash fresh.

I would drag and drop everything off the phone onto my computer. Then I would backup my contacts online using the built in sync. And I would run SEUS to reinstall.

Upvote 0
Thanks beau420,

I don't really understand a few things you mentioned i.e. "Do you have your phone rooted" and "I would do a backup and reflash fresh".

What do you mean by 'rooted'? and 'reflash fresh'?

Sorry I'm not that computer savvy :)

How did you lose the calendar app? Is it not in the list of apps?

How did you take it off the phone. I thought it wouldn't let you remove it. Maybe I am mistaken.

Upvote 0
Hey,
It is actually my mum's phone so I'm not too sure what she did. The app is still there and only contains the gmail calander and does not show the phones calander. If I go into the settings menu the SEcalendar is no longer an option as a calander to show.

OK.

I haven't had the SECalendar for a long time. It is from Sony and I don't think they have it on the store.

As far as I know there is only one way to bring that SECalendar up....reflash the phone. Which consists of completely wiping out everything on the phone and starting all over again from scratch.

So, first, you want to do a backup (to backup contacts)

Go to Settings->Accounts and Sync. Use your gmail account and sync the account...that will save the contacts (if you don't have a gmail account, you could sign up for one or use a Sony account....if you trust them)

Then it will eventually say you synced the contacts.

Then goto Sony's website and download SEUS

Sony Ericsson - Support - Softwaredownloads - Detailed - Updateservice - Xperia? X10

Go through the steps to reset the software on the phone by following the instructions.

That Sony stuff...it's wonky....for me, my phone also came with a MS Exchange app that was free from my cell provider and Sony...when I upgraded to 2.1 I lost the app.....and there is no way to get it back unless I want to go back to 1.6

Anyone else still have SECalendar for the x10?

Reactions: jadeo33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones