1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lost speaker audio after loading cyanogen mod 7 rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ovalfastlx, May 8, 2013.

1. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I just loaded this rom a day ago on Optimus m. I get no audio through the loudspeaker, the actual audio goes to the earphone speaker instead. I tried different roms and they all do that. Maybe there is a setting for this?! Thanks before hand.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Make sure phone isn't set to silent, and that all volumes in settings are turned up.

3. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I have all the volume settings turned up. Then I watch videos and can only hear then thru the ear speaker. Maybe I can flash the og rom.

4. Hmmm.... I've flashed a lot of CM7 ROMs to my Optimus and never had a problem like that, but phone did at one point think it had headphones plugged in when it didn't, causing a dead loudspeaker.

5. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

This was actually my first time rooting and flashing a rom. How can I restart from scratch? Or go back to stock?

6. Did you make a Nand backup? Power phone off, boot into recovery and simply do a Nand restore.

7. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

No I didn't. Yikes! What are my options now?

8. Wow. That is usually in big red text at the beginning of every root thread.... what does your recovery look like? Is it clockworkmod or GinM? GinM has a blue/yellow text scheme.

9. Now just to make sure, you have an Optimus M MS690 and NOT the Optimus M+ MS695 right?

Go here ---> http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...pdated-1-20-12-ics-mint-theme-pbot-added.html

Follow the instructions carefully, and be sure to do a FULL data wipe before flashing this ROM!! No need to download Gapps, they are already on there.

Since you didn't make a Nand backup, this is the closest thing to stock that you can get without having to use the unbrick guide and re-flash the stock firmware using a KDZ flash tool, plus this way is easier and it's debloated. This ROM runs great on my Optimus...

ovalfastlx likes this.
  10. This is what GinM recovery looks like, it's what I'm familiar with so hope you have this and not clockworkMod LOL

Attached Files:

ovalfastlx likes this.
  11. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

My recovery is GinM. I'll give that a try. I'll report back, thank you

12. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I do have MS690.

13. No problemo. Just so you know, that ROM takes FOREVER to load for the first time!!! Be patient and let the Android spin for a while. It may take almost 5 minutes, don't interrupt it or yank the battery!!! If it sits there for like 10 or more minutes, then yeah yank the battery and try booting it up again :) Let me know if you run into problems, I'll be up for another hour or so.

14. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I was able to load the ROM, but I still get all audio the ear speaker. :thinking:

15. That is odd, and sounds like it may be a hardware problem. And the loudspeaker worked before you flashed CM7?

It may be worth your while to restore your original firmware to see if that fixes the problem, look for the unbricking guide at the top of all things root. It's a pain to set it up, but worth the try.

Sammyz is our Optimus M expert, and may be able to help. He was AWOL yesterday but does watch this section.

ovalfastlx likes this.
  16. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

Yes it is a hardware problem. After tapping the speaker and trying different holding angles, it became apparent that it was the actual speaker or connection.

17. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I'm trying the cyanogen mod again. It really is true that a new Rom does bring an old device back to life. :D:) thanks again

18. Sure thing. If you are going to use CM7, try Reppards or BACKside port's, two of the best ones IMO. Have fun :)

19. ovalfastlx

ovalfastlx Newbie

I got reppard's rom. What' are cool feature you like?! What is the best cpu setting for battery life?

20. All of the best goodies lie within the CyanogenMod settings folder ;)

21. Best CPU settings are stock. 600 MHz is the default for the phone. Go ahead and overclock it if you want, just make sure that you don't set the OC to stick upon boot until you know what your phones limit is LOL. Clock it out too much and it may crash. Experiment with speeds first, mine ran great around 800, don't remember exact number or if I was running custom kernel, mine has been back to stock rooted for some time now.

Best thing on CM7 is customizable status/notification bar and lock screen. Sexy..... :D

22. It's been a while since, but me thinks that the backSIDE port comes with kernel that overclocks higher than reppards, and has a couple more customizing goodies too.

Oh, before I forget:

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!! It's in recovery under backup/restore menu. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D