1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Lost/Stolen Phone - Tasker and other apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MsL, Jun 20, 2011.

1. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    So my phone was lost/stolen this weekend. I was able to pinpoint almost where it was but not enough to get it back.

My question is once I receive my new phone tomorrow how do I get my tasker to work again on my new phone with my settings and backup. Is that possible?

Also my phone was rooted so the first thing I plan on doing is to root the new phone. Once I root and install all my apps can I then use titumium back up to restore my settings. I guess my question really is was everything saved to my SD card or my email. I need t know how much work I will have to do once I get my new phone.

Advertisement

2. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    assuming you had 2.2 or higher, most of your apps should be tied to your gmail account. not sure how this works for paid apps, but when you sign in, most, if not all should try syncing. Im fairly certain your backups from TB are saved to your sd card, but your google account should have most of your apps. As far as paid apps, you may need to email the individual devs to get the paid apps back. Never had this issue so Im not really certain how that will work.

When you get the new phone and get all logged into google, my suggestion is to just put the phone down for an hour or so and let it do its thing. after all your apps re-sync, look around to see if anything is missing and dl those as needed

3. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Tb saves by default to your SD card so all your settings are lost unless you configured it to work w/ Drop Box. If you ever made a backup copy of your SD card to your pc, the files may be old but you should have something to work w/ as a start. I generally copy my SD card to my pc about 1/month just incase my phone gets lost or my card dies I'll always have something to restore.

MsL likes this.
  4. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    Ok thank you. I will for now on, back up to my pc as suggested.