1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost Superuser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ozhog, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ozhog

ozhog Lurker

Samsung S2 with ICS and rooted. SetCpu says it does not have superuser permissions. Even though Superuser is set in settings. I'm not that fluent with Android, am I missing something simple?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, ozhog. :)

I do believe that devices rooting methods vary on what carrier it's on here or if it's international, what carrier are you with?

3. ozhog

ozhog Lurker

Telstra Australia. Trouble is too I can't remember what I used to root the phone, Cyogenmod I think.

OH BTW setcpu was working, but has only just stopped.

4. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

Hmm, cyanogenmod can't root your phone (wish it could!).

Did you flash a new ROM? If so google that for root issues. Some ROMs will also disable root access by default, like MIUI.

Another thing, go to superuser and check what apps have denied permissions. Maybe you were looking at superuser and accidentally set grant to deny.

Finally, are other apps having issues getting root? Does titanium backup or root browser work? If they do then it might be an issue with setCPU.

5. ozhog

ozhog Lurker

OK will investigate further, and try to learn what on earth I am talking about :eek:. Thanks for your help.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews