• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost Swype again !!

Blizzard

Nov 22, 2009
I reloaded the Swype beta last week and all was good again. Yesterday it disappeared. When I look at settings it still shows up and it is checked as the default keyboard, but it doesn't work.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Can someone help me?

well, mine is not working this morning. i did try the 'select input method', and selected Swype, but alas, it doesn't work. it worked fine last night.

this is a copy that i got directly from the Swype beta site after signing up several months ago....so, i dunno what to do?

First, I would try rebooting. If that didn't work, I'd uninstall it and reinstall a fresh copy. I hope that helps...

Upvote 0
well, mine is not working this morning. i did try the 'select input method', and selected Swype, but alas, it doesn't work. it worked fine last night.

this is a copy that i got directly from the Swype beta site after signing up several months ago....so, i dunno what to do?

This happens to me from time to time with the official beta from Swype after a reboot. What I've found works is to select input method, pick another keyboard such as the default android, then select input method again and pick Swype. Once you do this you should be good.

Upvote 0
My method of getting it to work again is to uninstall Swype from the applications manager, go back to my downloads folder on my sd card, uninstall (but not delete) the Swype Installer that I kept on there from the email they sent me, install it again, put in my email, yada yada... and it will work again.

Upvote 0
My method of getting it to work again is to uninstall Swype from the applications manager, go back to my downloads folder on my sd card, uninstall (but not delete) the Swype Installer that I kept on there from the email they sent me, install it again, put in my email, yada yada... and it will work again.

I do this in a similar way (only difference I don't uninstall the installer). I've noticed when I change ROMs that I need to uninstall Swype, then reinstall it using the Swype Installer. Then all is good.

Upvote 0
Go back to the Swype Beta site. There is a little line of text at the bottom of the page that you have to squint to see that says something to the effect of "If your Swype Beta installation expires press here" which merely opens a download for a fresh beta copy. I've done it twice. Then you totally delete Swype from your phone and install the new one. Voila.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones