1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost USB Mass Storage after 2.3.6 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wick3d41, Aug 10, 2012.

1. wick3d41

wick3d41 Newbie

Hello all...

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. After my phone updated to 2.3.6 I have lost the USB Mass Storage. When I plug my phone into the computer, it pops up on my phone the option to charge, or mass storage, once I click mass storage, the next window where you enable it just disappears.

I have read on these forums to use ODIN, which I can't revert back to a previous build because my computer doesn't see my phone. It seems like all options on the forums are for people that can connect via USB Mass Storage.

My phone WAS rooted before the update, but no longer after the update.

Any ideas/help on this issue?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xaelith

xaelith Android Enthusiast

Do you still get the USB icon in the notification bar? Did you change any settings after the update?

I can't remember the exact command, but there's some hidden menu that allows you to change the behavior of thbe USB port. One setting is for mass storage (UTP or something like that), another is almost kind of a debug setting. Also, I don't think this is the problem, but try turning USB debug off if it's on. My phone is supposed to ask what to do when I plug it into the computer, but it doesn't anymore, and I found out it's because USB debugging is on.

If you still get the notification icon, and can access mass storage that way, it might be that the the app or whatever that handles mass storage is broken. Also, if you have or are able to get CWM back on, you can access mass storage in the "mount and unmount" option from the main menu.

3. wick3d41

wick3d41 Newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply!

No, I had no notification in the taskbar, no computer would even see my phone when plugged in. I took it to best buy and they couldn't even get it to work. It was still under warranty so I returned it and bought the HTC EVO V 4G.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews