• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost voicemail recovery panic

I just caved and did a factory reset on my phone, and ran into a *major* unanticipated issue. I thought that the voicemail was external off site storage and would automatically reload.
After the reset, I lost my voicemail, even with the LG backup. normally I couldn't care less, but there were 2 voicemails from my mother in law who died in Jan.
I can't stress enough how much those msgs are significant for the wife.
I've gone through all the options on the Vmail menu, and going into the app itself doesn't have any recover option. (it does mention a settings menu, but doesn't actually have one that I can find). Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

ouch that sucks. did you have them saved on the sd card? i'm on sprint and they only keep voicemail message for a finite period of time(20 days) before it gets deleted. like dannydet said, you might have to talk to your carrier or at least check them out online. on my note 8 i can archive my voice messages onto a sd card.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yeah, the phone is through Kroger and they were worthless. The messages were already months old, I just never deleted them. (actually forgot I had them) when I did the reset it never occurred to me that they might go, since I had to dial in to access them. I've tried a couple of audio recovery apps, no luck. Any other ideas?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Yeah, been on the phone w sprint, LG and iwireless, everybody's pointing the finger at somebody else. Sprint claimed it was LG because the voicemail app is baked in. LG claimed it was all on the network side, and I wireless said they don't control the voicemail, and suggested I could try Google since they own android...

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones