1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lost Voltage Control with CR 2.0 -> 2.1 patch.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anthony2816, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

After installing the UKB_2.1_patch_nokernel.zip patch on top of a fresh install of Community Rom 2.0 (UKB_2_pbj50_fixed.zip), the Voltage Control app no longer works correctly. It pops up the message "Unsupported kernal detected. The kernal your device is running is incompatible with Voltage Control", and then will only run in "limited mode".

I had looked forward to playing with Voltage Control...is there a way to fix this?

My hunt for a solution is hampered by the fact I don't understand the word "kernal".

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

The kernal you installed does not support voltage control, which is PBJ-50 it is in the name of the download. If you want to use vc, then you need the OTB kernal instead.

3. Anthony2816

What is “OTB”?

Can I flash the OTB kernal without undoing everything else? Or will it mean having to start from scratch again?

4. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member

OTB=Only The Brave.

Wipe cache and davlik and flash away.

5. Anthony2816

I decided to ignore the problem. My phone is working so well after my recent changes that I don't want to muck anything up.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews