• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Majorix

Lurker
Dec 23, 2013
I am a complete newbie to rooting, so please be gentle. I have the original Galaxy Mega GT-I9200.

It all started when I wanted to move my apps to the SD card. I couldn't, because there was no option in the menus where people had them. I researched a bit, and then I decided I should root the phone. So I used Kingo Android Rooter to root it. And I successfully rooted my phone.

Then I tried again moving the apps. Still didn't work! I read somewhere that my rom might not be allowing apps2sd. Now I am trying to install CM 11 rom and it says I need the latest version of CWM (v6.0.4.5). I believe I actually have an older (and not working) version of CWM, but as I said it is not working and I have downloaded the new CWM from here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!op9STS7A!Wwdf_SxfxCNQvbNtbBbdgw

If I ever succeed in installing a working CWM, I will try to install CM 11 using this guide: Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200/I9205) to Android 4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod 11 ROM [GUIDE]

However, I might be completely off the path with this one, maybe I am doing something that is not necessary, or not doing something necessary, or I might be wrong in deciding which programs to install. I have already stated I am quite new to this.

I am really frustrated at this moment. I don't have a working CWM, nor a rom, nor can I move the apps to the sd card (which is all I ever wanted!). I am about to eat my hair. Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones