1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Lost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Majorix, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Majorix

Majorix Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    I am a complete newbie to rooting, so please be gentle. I have the original Galaxy Mega GT-I9200.

It all started when I wanted to move my apps to the SD card. I couldn't, because there was no option in the menus where people had them. I researched a bit, and then I decided I should root the phone. So I used Kingo Android Rooter to root it. And I successfully rooted my phone.

Then I tried again moving the apps. Still didn't work! I read somewhere that my rom might not be allowing apps2sd. Now I am trying to install CM 11 rom and it says I need the latest version of CWM (v6.0.4.5). I believe I actually have an older (and not working) version of CWM, but as I said it is not working and I have downloaded the new CWM from here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!op9STS7A!Wwdf_SxfxCNQvbNtbBbdgw

If I ever succeed in installing a working CWM, I will try to install CM 11 using this guide: Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200/I9205) to Android 4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod 11 ROM [GUIDE]

However, I might be completely off the path with this one, maybe I am doing something that is not necessary, or not doing something necessary, or I might be wrong in deciding which programs to install. I have already stated I am quite new to this.

I am really frustrated at this moment. I don't have a working CWM, nor a rom, nor can I move the apps to the sd card (which is all I ever wanted!). I am about to eat my hair. Please help!

Advertisement

2. Majorix

Majorix Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    I have been working on this issue and I have managed to install CWM and CM 11. But I still cannot move or install apps to the damn card! I tried everything! Does anybody else have this problem?

3. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Michigan
  4. Majorix

Majorix Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    I have already manually installed app2sd, but still no luck. Do you think this rom will allow me to disable the "move to sd card protection"?

5. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Michigan
    from what i understand that ROM was made for moving apps

6. Majorix

Majorix Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    Alright I will try and let you know. Thanks for the interest.

EDIT: WTF is a modem? Is it not the modulating/demodulating device that connects you to the web? What do I download? Confusing to say the least!