1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lots of bugs with phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajgilzean, Feb 4, 2011.

1. ajgilzean

ajgilzean Lurker

I purchased this phone when it first was released last year. Lately it seems like the phone has been getting worse every month. Here are a few of the problems I'm having...

1) Phone resets the moment l pick up a call (25% chance)
    2) YouTube videos crash, usually can just keep opening until it works (25% chance)
    3) YouTube has a constant error message on widget saying "Connection problem. Touch to try again."
    4) Music Player crashes after opening it (10% chance)
    5) Contacts completely deleted one night
    6) Contacts unlinked themselves from Facebook accounts another night
    7) News feed is stuck with some articles from December
    8) Alarm clock turning itself off at night

I think the phone has some great features to it, but honestly it's a shame that I'm having so many problems. Are there any actions I should consider taking?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Assuming you're unrooted so you might want to try a factory reset if you haven't already. You'll lose all your apps so you may wish to use Appbrain to save a list of your current apps so they can be reinstalled afterward unless you have other provisions in mind.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

I agree with the above advice. The more PC like phones become.. the more PC like they are. They get slow and muddled up from time to time and need a good cleaning. A factory reset will cure your ills. A pain in the Ares but you won't believe how quick and trouble free your phone will be after a reset.

4. ajgilzean

ajgilzean Lurker

Thanks guys, will do. I'll post results later tonight after I have everything back up and running.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews