• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lots of questions; Space issues, Overclocking, Custom ROMs

** Do not have Link2SD set to auto link when trying to install the recovery. That is what caused me my problems. **

Well since I did finally get the recovery installed, which was a piece of cake without Link2SD, made a back up of the stock ROM and decided to flash the BACKside ROM (CM7). The ROM is running very smooth and fast... now do I want to try some other ROMs?... LOL

I have not done a search for this yet; I know when you set the default ringtone, it gives all the contacts that ringtone. I want my contacts to have a different one. Is there a program to batch set the contacts?
(This is what I do. Default ringtone, The Who - Who Are You? Then the contacts I have a different ringtone. Anything easier then opening every contact and picking a different ringtone?)

No only auto link with titanium backup if you are linked and restore your apps through recovery when updating you may go over your memory limit which can cause problems.

As for ringtones I've used zedge with all my phones for years and android has an app that works great.

Upvote 0
** Do not have Link2SD set to auto link when trying to install the recovery. That is what caused me my problems. **

Well since I did finally get the recovery installed, which was a piece of cake without Link2SD, made a back up of the stock ROM and decided to flash the BACKside ROM (CM7). The ROM is running very smooth and fast... now do I want to try some other ROMs?... LOL

I have not done a search for this yet; I know when you set the default ringtone, it gives all the contacts that ringtone. I want my contacts to have a different one. Is there a program to batch set the contacts?
(This is what I do. Default ringtone, The Who - Who Are You? Then the contacts I have a different ringtone. Anything easier then opening every contact and picking a different ringtone?)

I'll look into adding an option for a batch setting. I also would like to extend the custom ringtone per contact to include the ability to have different ringtones for different numbers within the same contact. Nice to know where the call is coming from sometimes, as well as who is calling (kids, employees, etc). ;)

Upvote 0
I'll look into adding an option for a batch setting. I also would like to extend the custom ringtone per contact to include the ability to have different ringtones for different numbers within the same contact. Nice to know where the call is coming from sometimes, as well as who is calling (kids, employees, etc). ;)

Would love that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones