1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Loud Popping between songs Unbearable.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NickNas, Jul 22, 2013.

1. NickNas

NickNas Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Male
    Geek
    So Cal USA
    So I finally gave up my Gen 1 Droid X and got the S4. Love the phone and I am sure it will last for years.

Problem though. DAILY I use my phone for NAV and as the Music source in my car. I bought a adapter that connects my phone onto my Cars Bose system and it has always been flawless and CRYSTAL Clear.

Until the S4 I get Buzzing and even that old fashioned Whirring sound where you can here it actually run with the engine like an old AM radio.

When I get THAT to stop in between every single song or if a notification sound plays I get a LOUD popping sound.

Pro player and car dock ultra is what I use like I have for years with no problems.

HUGE disappointment especially for a phone that is supposed to be the best of the best.

Any Ideas?:thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. NickNas

NickNas Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Male
    Geek
    So Cal USA
    WOW 40 views and NO one else is having this problem or am I the only one who plugs this phone into their cars system?

3. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Based on the package of what you do, it seems kind of niche. I do not get any noise via 3.5mm going to headphones or to auxiliary sources, but tend to use the radio or a cd when using gps.

4. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    SE Pa
    Some phones are more susceptible to ground loop interference (caused by the alternator I think?) than others when connected to the audio system in your car. This might be what you're experiencing. It typically sounds like hissing or whining but I guess could cause popping as well. I've had this problem in my car using only certain phones and I bought a PAC ground loop isolator a year or two ago and I haven't had a problem since.

NickNas likes this.
  5. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Same problem. I also get it when I connect to my SAMSUNG 7.2 reciever.

6. NickNas

NickNas Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Male
    Geek
    So Cal USA
    Ordering one right now . Thanks. We shouldn't need to do this with the best phone made. I didn't need it with the Old Droid X first Gen.

NN

7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    I don't get any noise using either 3.5 to a cassette adapter or using Bluetooth.

I would suggest to the OP though trying a different music player.