1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Louder Custom Ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MugetsuNoYoru, Feb 5, 2011.

1. MugetsuNoYoru

MugetsuNoYoru Lurker

So I've searched through the forums and the one conclusion I've come to is that everyone seems to agree the speaker on this phone (Samsung Captivate) is not the greatest. Nevertheless, the default ringtones are still louder than my custom ones and I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some tips on how to make them louder. I've been using audacity but since I'm not the most tech savvy person and audacity has such a wide array of features you can use on your audio files I'm pretty confused. What effects should I use on my ringtones so they sound louder? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. simbill

simbill Newbie

check the thread here: http://androidforums.com/captivate-...ding-wrong-tip-using-speaker.html#post2222506

specifically:
    Try this
    Using dailer punch in *#*#197328640#*#*
    Follow the steps
    [5] AUDIO
    [1] HANDSET
    [1] VOLUME
    [1] SRC Speech RX Volume
    [5]5_lvl : 88
    Menu -> Key Input
    Change to any number greater than 88 (Max:100)
    OK

Press back to save.

Default values:

0_lvl: 63
    1_lvl: 68
    2_lvl: 73
    3_lvl: 78
    4_lvl: 83
    5_lvl: 88

thanks to titan2005
    its not so much louder ringtones, but louder on the system level. default at lvl5 is 88. I changed it to 100 and WOW, what a difference. Phone is much louder at max, both phone and media.

not sure if this will help with what your problem is, but even if its not its good to know!

sharkhark likes this.
  3. Meindert.B

Meindert.B Lurker

Another simple way can be if you use MP3 ringtones to use mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ It sounds perhaps a bit weird but I used for the ringtones I made myself and with all my phones it worked perfect. I am waiting for my Captivate so cannot say 100 % if it also works on this phone.

4. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

thank you. much louder. although the only thing that differed from your instructions is that my level 5 was defaulted already at 92, not 88 but regardless its set at 100% now and i noticed it was much better to hear it.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews