1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Loudspeaker spontaneously turns on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kirintal, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Kirintal

Kirintal Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    I have a HTC Desire HD and occasionally during a conversation the loudspeaker will spontaneously turn on. As you can imagine the sudden loud burst of sound can cause a large irritation. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it. I know its not be accidentally turning it on since it will do so when the screen is off and when not touching the phone (during a call).

Also is there away to back up my setting and numbers to do a "restore to factory settings" without HTC sync? (It doesnt seem to work on my PC)

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Numbers should be backed up to the gmail account associated with the handset, you can check by accessing the gmail account via a PC, then clicking contacts. Some settings back themselves up too.

Alternatively, MyPhoneExplorer will backup your contacts and text messages to your PC.

The speaker thing is a common issue, you can try turning off flip for speaker in the sound settings and disabling car mode in the dock settings (I think that's what the option is on the standard ROM).

You might want to give the USB port a clean too, with a tin of compressed air or a non static cloth.

Kirintal likes this.
  3. Kirintal

Kirintal Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    Thank you very much. If its a standard problem Ill try to avoid doing the factory reset. Though it is good to hear that its not just me having the issue.

Huh I had never heard of the flip to speaker ^_^. Hopefully that might be the reason why. Thank you once again. I think today may require a trip to Maplin now.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hopefully that sorts. Let us know if it doesn't. :)

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    Brighton
    A factory reset was the only thing that worked for me!

6. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

Try turning off the three options under Sound in settings that have to do with the sensors also if it comes back "Flip for speaker" or something