• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love my Dinc but.....

shred1

Jul 4, 2010
I just purchased a Thunderbolt for my wife. She is anti phone/computer but i needed to use her upgrade to get the 4g grandfathered in before the tier pricing starts next month. I would love 4g on my Incredible but right now it is not an option.

But for how long... that's the question. I would say two years, tops.

I just today processed a 2 line upgrade for a customer who has a very old altel plan. The computer didn't force me to change anything about the plan. So they got to upgrade to new inc2's and keep their old rate plan. fyi.

*edit* meaning even after several years on an outdated plan, and even after an upgrade to a newer verizon device, vzw did not force those customers to change plans, they continue to be grandfathered. Not saying it will definitely be that way with the data plans but it is possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones