1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Love my new Hero! But mail and fb query...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kingnothing83, Dec 10, 2009.

1. kingnothing83

kingnothing83 Member

Dec 5, 2009
    New hero has arrived, successfully unlocked - and loving it so far!

However I have a couple of queries.

I have set up my yahoo mail using the mail program, pop/smtp mail

I have it to check every 15mins and it is great is there any way to stop mail showing up as "unread" if I have already read it.

What I mean is, I get 1 email to my yahoo email address, read this email at work, dont delete it, but it displays as "read". Then 15 mins later I get a notification on my hero and have to click the email to stop it displaying as unread.

Is there anyway to stop this?

Also - is there a decent facebook wigit? I like Bloo but you cant reply to mail on there, and it doesnt seem to have a widget, any tips?

Thanks!

Simon

Advertisement

2. kingnothing83

kingnothing83 Member

Dec 5, 2009
    oh and can anyone recommend the best app for finding the nearest pub, restaurant, etc and getting a quick review of them? I know you can just search google maps for "pub" and it'll give you a list of close by ones, and that Aloqa will give you reviews and show you the nearest pub etc, but when i use aloqa to give me directions it shows me car directions and doesnt let me choose walking directions

is there another app?

thanks

Simon

3. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    UK
    As far as i know there isn't a single facebook app/widget that lets you reply to private messages. What i do is have a shortcut on my homescreen that points to my facebook message inbox

Code (Text):
    1. http://touch.facebook.com/#inbox.php
    I think the app you already have (Bloo) is considered one of the best facebook apps and here the author mentions the inbox issue: Bloo

4. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009

Try places directory, not a bad free app.

5. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    London, UK
    I don't think so. It's happening because you're using POP - it treats any emails it hasn't downloaded yet as "new" email, whether you've read it elsewhere or not.

The solution would be to use IMAP - although I don't know if Yahoo offers that.

If it doesn't...well the solution to that is use Gmail ;)

Tags: