1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

love my razr but...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davo798, Dec 24, 2011.

1. davo798

davo798 Lurker

So the razr is my first smart phone and i'm loving it so far but i'm having a few problems with it. I'm constantly dropping 3g and 4g at and near my house. I'm also having problems with the browser locking up on me and I have to close out of it to get it to work again. I have been reading the threads on updates but i'm not sure if I have the latest version. what is the latest softwear out? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member

The latest update was a 6.11 or something like that. Personally, the update made my data connection worse. For other people, it improved their connection. I think it has something to do with certain areas :S Hopefully Moto will be releasing a fix for this mid/late Jan :S
    Dont give up on the phone yet, it's still worlds better than any Samsung phones out there. At least we know that Moto does update their phones :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What you describe could be indicitive of several different issues:

1. Your home is in or near a dead spot in Verizon's coverage
    2. Verizon is having issues with the nearest cell tower to your home
    3. Your Razr may have a hardware issue
    4. Your Razr may be having a software issue

If I'm not mistaken I believe the most recent update is 6.11.748.XT912.

Do you have similar similar issues when you are out and about? Or only when you are at home? If only when near home then I'm guessing that your home is in/near a dead spot in Verizon's coverage. One way to help remedy this is to call Verizon and scream about the coverage in your area. While it's unlikely that they can quickly and easily fix your coverage issues, they might be able to get you a Verizon Network Extender for your home. This device would connect into your DSL/Cable modem Internet connection and provide improved cellular and 3G support. Another way to resolve might be to connect your Razr to a home WiFi network (if you have one).

If your 3G/4G coverage issues follow you whereever you go, one thing you can try in an attempt to remedy the issue, is to do a factory data reset on the phone. This will restore the phone to the state is was in when you first received it. If you have any apps on the phone it will delete them. If one of these apps was contributing to your connection issues, this will (hopefully) resolve it. If this doesn't help then a call to Verizon technical support may be necessary...

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews