1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Love the phone. But....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CheeseToast, Jul 13, 2013.

1. CheeseToast

CheeseToast Newbie

Maybe it's just an issue out here in the HOT South-West. But, the last three weeks phone has been dropping signal. Already called Boost all they could tell me was Sprint working on some antennas (for 3 week, really?). Anywho just wanted to know is anyone else suffering with this issue?

Advertisement

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Same thing here in the East, Ohio:( Had a great signal for a while, new PRL:D Then over this past week, down to 1 bar or 1X inside:mad: A little better outside, not much.:thinking:

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Same thing here in California. I even took my original phone back for replacement thinking the radio was defective. My signal actually seems a little better with the new phone but signal strength is still very low compared to my other Boost phones. I also think the insanely hot weather is playing a part. My wife's phone signal is lower than usual too. I doubt it's the towers since they were recently updated but that is also a possibility. Either way, I hope the issue gets better. :D

LilBit likes this.
  4. irishobo

irishobo Android Enthusiast

I have great signal all the time. I hate that's happening to you guys.

LilBit likes this.
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

At least this new phone doesn't drop signal every 3 minutes like my first one did. 3G is faster too. I guess that first was a dud. Lol it happens. :)

6. LilBit

Where are you? East, West, Center, South, North.:)

7. irishobo

Northeast Tennessee. I get 4g everywhere around except at my house, but its all good got WiFi there.

LilBit likes this.
  8. irishobo

I've been working on adding the roaming options that were left out of our ROM. I'm not sure what boost will do when I roam though. They say no roaming charges, but at the same time they prevent your phone from roaming. Has anyone ever had a boost phone that roamed?

LilBit likes this.
  9. LilBit

I'm Moving to TN!! :)

just my old BB8330:p

10. Mikessv

Mikessv Android Enthusiast

I'm in New Jersey and haven't a lot of problems with my signal but my 3g is kinda slow.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

irishobo and LilBit like this.
  11. irishobo

Nice!

12. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

Never had much signal problems with the old Prevail until the last few weeks and then the phone and Text got spotty.

With the One SV, it might be worse. But the 3g is better, probably because of this phone. They tell me the 4G towers will be up by August.

I am near Savannah, GA. No problems in most of Savannah, only in my living room. Lol.

13. Bocephus87

Bocephus87 Member

I'm not sure if I was actually roaming, but I have on occasion seen the blue triangle pop up on my SV display a few times in low signal areas. Would like to also note I can now send texts from places my old Warp wouldn't before.

LilBit likes this.
  14. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

I tried running Open Signal. This was very helpful on the Prevail as far as showing the location of towers and which one I was connected to. Unfortunately, on the SV, I see no towers, much less connection info guess I will try next Monday at work when I am downtown.

15. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I dealt with that last year here in the Chicago area while they were upgrading the network. Towers were being taken in and out of service for several months. I have 4G everywhere around here and am not having any of the problems you guys are so I would just be patient and eventually once they upgrade everything in your area you'll be very happy. The 4G hauls ass!

wyelkins and LilBit like this.
  16. LilBit

Sweet :) Patience is a virtue:( They say:p

17. k28king1

k28king1 Android Enthusiast

No issues with my phone signal in NYC, sorry you guys are experiencing problems...

LilBit likes this.
  18. Yes, I have in various regions of the Phoenix metro area, and it changes every few days. I suspect upgrades as well

Tags: