• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loved my new MAXX yesterday, now OTA is annoying me

Was having a ball playing and setting up my Maxx as soon as it came yesterday, and I was quite pleased with comparatively (to my Dinc) how few pieces of bloatware was on it... this morning the OTA to 2.3.6 came through, and now I am annoyed with how much was added, that cannot be uninstalled. Will VZW never get it? VZ Apps, MOG Music, Music, My Music, SLingbox, V Cast Movies, Verizon Video, Video, VidoSurf... WTF?! Very, very disappointed. Have they done this to the Galaxy Nexus too? If not, I might just find myself changing, despite to great battery life on the Maxx.
In the meantime, I need a great voice recorder, one that won't keep the screen on while it is recording. Why couldn't they put that on there? Dinc had it, and I used it all the time, sometimes for as long as 45 minutes at time.

Yes. The bloatware is annoying. But having had a GNEX for just short of a month, I would never go back. And, after having had three Samsung phones in the family, I may never buy another. This is my first Motorola phone and I'm loving it. Not only for the battery life, but far superior connectivity including spot on gps. And the Motorola add-ons (like Smart Actions) are super useful. I haven't rooted yet, but probably will.

Upvote 0
Was having a ball playing and setting up my Maxx as soon as it came yesterday, and I was quite pleased with comparatively (to my Dinc) how few pieces of bloatware was on it... this morning the OTA to 2.3.6 came through, and now I am annoyed with how much was added, that cannot be uninstalled. Will VZW never get it? VZ Apps, MOG Music, Music, My Music, SLingbox, V Cast Movies, Verizon Video, Video, VidoSurf... WTF?! Very, very disappointed. Have they done this to the Galaxy Nexus too? If not, I might just find myself changing, despite to great battery life on the Maxx.
In the meantime, I need a great voice recorder, one that won't keep the screen on while it is recording. Why couldn't they put that on there? Dinc had it, and I used it all the time, sometimes for as long as 45 minutes at time.

Just hide the apps either with stock launcher or GO launcher..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones