• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lovin' Android

rasmith3530

Feb 7, 2010
Northern Illinois
This is actually my second Android. US Cellular is my carrier, and has been for over a decade. That said, I wanted to see what all the buzz was about, so I got a no contract T-Mo account and put a used G1 on it for a couple months. I was stoked! Now, we have Android at USCC, via Samsung's Acclaim. It is a VERY capable phone, to say the least, and I am thoroughly loving it! I came from a BlackBerry, and before those, a couple of Windows phones. I miss BlackBerry's Messenger service, but aside from that, I am happy to be where I'm at. My 'Berry was a capable phone, but I do believe that Android will be the new benchmark of mobile, smartphone communications.

Oh yes, I've been using Linux as my primary computer OS for several years now, the past two years primarily running Ubuntu. Android just fits!

hey smith, i also was with us cellular for 10 years and they are by far the best carrier in terms of quality and pricing in our prospective areas.

and guess what? i am also a new android user with the acclaim. i know they are porting over some better phones later this year but i couldnt resist, i had to have one now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones