1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Lovin my new Droid

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slacker20, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Slacker20

Slacker20 Well-Known Member

For years I've had non-smart phones: an old Motorola flip camera phone, Motorola Razr, LG Chocolate, LG Chocolate 2, but I've always been a techie, building computers since I was 13, knowing all about the latest and greatest gadgets, modding every gaming console and handheld I've ever owned, etc, so I finally bought a BlackBerry Curve 8330 in August.

I immediately began customizing, tweaking, and installing hybrid operating systems, and quickly realized I wanted something with a more powerful processor, more device memory, more RAM, a better web browser, and just flat out more capabilities. Not eligible for an upgrade from Verizon until 2011, I started looking hardcore for a Motorola Droid on Craigslist, eBay, and asking people I knew if they were eligible for an upgrade with Verizon and wanted to make some money, haha.

I was finally able to get my hands on a brand new Droid (still with the protective films on it and everything) last Friday 12/4 from someone on Craigslist for $320, and I am very happy with my purchase :D

So far I haven't gotten too in-depth with customization, just getting all the apps I used all the time on my BlackBerry (or Droid alternatives) and getting used to the new OS, but I'm definitely going to be visiting these forums often as I start looking to make this thing my own.

As you can see I have a tendency to write novels when I post, haha, so I may not have the most number of posts on here, but I will always write with grammar and spelling in mind.

~ Slacker20 [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student