1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Loving it so far but a few questions ...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SamsungNewbie, Jul 22, 2013.

1. SamsungNewbie

SamsungNewbie Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2013
    Hi Everyone

First post so please be kind and also please don't chastise too quickly when I tell you I've come from a Crackberry (well, at least I finally saw the light PLUS didn't go to the Dark Side of the Iphone!).

Other than finding this whole typing-on-glass malarky a bit odd, am loving the new Galaxy S4 Mini but wonder if any of you can help with a few queries I have that I just can't get to the bottom of:-

1) I'm keen to use the password/screenlock when I'm out and about but don't want it on when inside. Is there a quicker way to turn it on and off other than going through the whole palaver of Settings/My device/Lock Screen/Screen Lock etc etc and then the same again to turn it off?

2) Emails - is there any way of 'Marking All Read' or 'Mark prior to a certain date' read to avoid having the little number badge notification on my email folder constantly (unless I delete and I don't want to delete all).

3) Any way of assigning a certain ringtone to a phone group - i.e. Friends - rather than imputting the ringtone individually under their contact profile?

Also, just a couple of App queries -

Has anyone found an App that:-

1) syncs a clear-to-read/navigate calendar both ways with Microsoft Outlook 2007

2) syncs notes both ways with MS Outlook 2007

Thanks so much in advance.

SamsungNewbie :thinking:

Advertisement