1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Loving the Charge, but not loving the brown and gold

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amrov, May 21, 2011.

1. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

Just replaced my original Droid with the Charge. So far, I'm loving it. I'm using LauncherPro (as I was on my Droid) and I've got it mostly customized the way I like it. BUT, haven't figured out how to get rid of the brown and gold system screens /menus. Any ideas, short of rooting / custom ROMs? (My Droid was rooted and running custom ROMs, but I'm not ready to go there yet -- not as long as I'm still getting the free WiFi hotspot.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member

Oh, when you said "brown and gold" I thought you were talking about your underwear; that you love the phone so much that you lose control of the bladder and bowels.

medwa likes this.
  3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I'm wondering about this too. I'd like to ideally replace it with the Droid X's red. I love that UI element.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

The color scheme on the phone is horrible...

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

See? It really does look like s**t.

6. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

After watching some review videos of the Droid X2 I'm very jealous of the color scheme. Why on earth would they go with Orange and Brown on the charge? I know some don't care, but pulling the notification draw down is painful seeing these colors.

7. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

Also, I'm running Launcher Pro (paid version), but it doesn't seem to offer any options to change the system color scheme. Why couldn't Samsung go with their trademark blue for a color scheme? Brown and gold/orange -- seriously? Surely some clever developer will help us out. I promise I will donate generously to support such an effort.

Update: My husband just brought home the Fascinate. It has a gorgeous blue-based system color scheme. I'm very jealous. But I can't give up my 4.3" screen for it. Trying to convince myself that the brown/orange color scheme is really burnt orange, like my Texas Longhorns. It's almost working.

8. DEng66

DEng66 Member

LOL...all I see when I look at it are flashbacks to my parents' house in the 70's where everything was some shade of brown, yellow, gold, or orange...except of course for the kitchen appliances which were avocado green. Maybe I can convince myself that Samsung is trying some kind of retro-chic color scheme that will be all the rage in a few months. Heck, maybe they'll even add paisley in the next update....

stevehoffman likes this.
  9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

What I dont get is that its a Droid Branded phone...And these colors don't fit into that color scheme at all! Mostly like Black, Greys, Reds, some Greyish Blues...No where on earth is there Brown, or Orange? Especially on a Super Amoled...those colors don't POP...they're just plain UGLY and out of place! And honestly really ruin the phone in a lot of ways..especially since its a black and silver phone...makes no sense.

10. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Im kinda grooving on the colors to be honest. Its different than any other red/black/blue skin out there.

11. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

I'm the same way and I was watching a designer TV show the other day and they were saying how the 70s earth tones are back in home fashion vogue Brown, Gold, Orange and Green this may be why this color scheme was chosen.

12. droidem

droidem Newbie

Haha this thread cracks me up. I agree though the color scheme is pretty ugly in my opinion. Anyone find any way to change this yet...?

13. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast

Anything but brown ! Hopefully Samsung will see the err of their ways and send a patch , changing brown to any other color ! Hell...........I'd take purple over the stock '70's earth-tone brown ! Makes me think of shag carpet !:mad:

14. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert

Dude, you have this phone too now? You had very little good to say about the Thunderbolt and now the Charge too? Why don't you just test the new Droid phones that come out in the stores to see if you like them first, before you buy them and are unhappy with them? :thinking:

15. jlapenna

jlapenna Lurker

Love this phone, but really could do without the brown and yellow!! Hope Samsung does something about this....soon! I have about 10 days left before I can't return the phone....debating, seriously!

16. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

Funny, I don't even think about it any more. The colors don't bother me.

17. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast

I can even handle the yellow.............just lose the brown Samsung !:thinking:

18. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Lol...your kidding me right? Uhh Dude, first of all I didn't say I don't like the Charge, I said the color scheme is gross, and if u like the colors then u shouldn't be in a thread that is directed towards not liking the colors...Your the one who's confused, not me pal! Your name says it all, a wise guy, but merely just over the internet.

19. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert

Lol sean, be nice :)

and you haven't messaged me in ages. I'm sad :( lol

20. WildH

WildH Android Enthusiast

The charge is due to arrive tomorrow. I can handle poop colors for now as long as the phone isn't poop!

Damnit Margaret...its one of those flaming bags again...
    Don't put it out with your boots Ted!
    Don't tell me my business devil woman!
    (Stomp stomp...sniff sniff)
    IT'S POOP AGAIN!
    He just called the shit poop!

21. carmendiva

I so LOL'd here in Starbucks

22. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Carmen!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, forgive me..I've been so busy the last couple of weeks...

23. WildH

WildH Android Enthusiast

Classic movie. One of the best lines ever.

24. carmendiva

Well then hit me up, kid :)

25. asudude

asudude Lurker

Just got my new Charge tonight and overall, I like it. It's a big improvement over my previous Droid.

But I was so surprised and disappointed by the puke colors. I'd love to show off some sweet features to my iPhone-obsessed friends, but I'm too embarrassed by the nasty colors... Fail.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews