1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Low 2d FPS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Monkey, May 21, 2010.

1. Mr. Monkey

Mr. Monkey Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    IT Tech
    Sandy, Utah
    I'm still new to the Droid, I got it a few days ago, but I was really bugged by how slow the 2d games seemed. Diong some research online I found all the information on the web about how it was from the 2.1 update.

I read that the CyanogenMod Rom skipped over the 2d problems... So i dove for it. I love the ROM, but I still dont feel like the problem has gotten better. I installed the FPS2D app to check, and I'm still averaging around 35 fps.

So last night I read online that a new kernel and OC'ing the CPU help. So I installed SetCPU and got the 5-slot 1ghz LV kernel, but I cant tell a difference at all.

Was it true that CM Rom doesnt have 2D problems, and I did something wrong? Or was I misinformed? Are there any other solutions for this?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    I am not familiar with this but maybe check widgets, updates, polling, sync to see if something is sucking up resources?
    That is all I have

OH - free RAM too

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Did you actually change the clock speed within setCPU?

4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Interesting point I never thought of.
    SetCPU - AutoDetect - slide it to the highest speed.

5. Mr. Monkey

Mr. Monkey Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    IT Tech
    Sandy, Utah
    Yeah I did that too... I'm oc'ed to 1ghz. the only widgets i have are pandora, facebook, and beautiful home.

Oooh.. looks like i had a profile set to max at 800, so I changed that. Now running 1ghz I average 48 fps. That's a huge increase. :) Still not the normal 60... but getting closer i suppose.