1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Low Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hornetzero, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hornetzero

Hornetzero Lurker

Hey everyone,
    I'm having low battery power issues with my phone's battery capacity, even after placing in power saving mode and closing all possible battery consuming apps. I tried running 360 security lite to boost memory and battery usage but its not had any meaningful effect overall.

Would anyone be aware of what could possible be the cause of this or how I can determine where the problem is emitting from without deleting anything essential in the phone's app directory?

I admit, my knowledge with smartphones isn't the best. I got the phone in 2014 and have noticed the slowdown only recently about an year or more ago.

Thank you all in advance

Advertisement

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Short story here.
    Your phone is old.
    Your battery is old.

Get a new battery, phone, or both.

And ditch the 360 Security and any apps like it. They run constantly and are generally useless.

Glad to give more details if you like, but I don't think they are necessary- your battery is 6 years old.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, a six year old battery is very likely well past its best, and needs replacing. Definitely ditch the 360, as that's probably draining the battery fetching and showing ads, data mining, and phoning home to Beijing. It's just bad snake-oil.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and puppykickr like this.
  4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Most of us would kill for a device/battery that lasted six years, hahaha.

And I first heard of 360 when my mother got her first Android...
    and was complaining about problems with it and the battery life.

Those app types should be illegal.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Hornetzero

Hornetzero Lurker

Thank you for all the replies. So if I purchase a new battery from ebay or Aliexpress, would that resolve the problem?

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

It might resolve your problem, it might not.
    Keep in mind no battery manufacturer can make money making batteries for such dated devices, it's just basic economics. Even when it involves a really popular but dated flagship model the profit margins will be pretty minuscule, there just aren't enough numbers involved. So any battery you do purchase for your Note 3 Neo will most likely be one that's been sitting in storage for years now. Smartphone batteries of course will age when in constant usage but they also degrade when left completely idle for years at a time. It will probably be worth buying a new battery but set your expectations accordingly as it also probably won't have the same storage capacity as your current battery did when you first got the phone.

Xavier Black and puppykickr like this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

How about just keeping it plugged in by your bed?

puppykickr likes this.
  8. lvt

lvt Android Expert

A 6 years old phone is equivalent to a 60 years old man. What do you want it to do more?

Changing the battery would help a bit, but it doesn't solve the main problem: your phone's both hardware and software are deprecated.

9. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Its most likely a battery issue. I have a Note 4 and replaced the OEM battery long ago. The Samsung OEM batterys up for sale are mostly fake and even if there are genuine they've outlasted their shelf life. Lithium-ion battety will degrade of time and 6 year old OEM batterys are of little use.
    Id also recommend uninstalling you user battery managers as stated above.
    Also check you internal storage of your Note 3. The general rule is to leave 30% unused at all times.
    I got lucky and found these for my Note 4 :) I purchased 3 of them. 7500mAh extenderd battery back cover, case with a separate screen protector for $7.99 usd :) Screenshot_2020-02-13-02-24-01.png

Xavier Black likes this.
  10. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

LoL , where did you get you statistical data? '6 year old phone is equivalent to a 60 year old man" Is that like in dog years? LoL , no offense but "Too Funny". :)
    Going by your definition, the main problem with a Note 9 is the hardware is deprecated. On that I agree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-855-vs-845-965871/amp/

#10 MrJavi, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:34 AM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 6:07 AM
    Xavier Black likes this.
  11. Jacardo4

Jacardo4 Lurker

I have faced same kind of issue in my earlier phone (Samsung Galaxy 4). But the issue is resolved when I changed it with a new one.

Xavier Black and MrJavi like this.