1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Low Battery Notification Blocks My Alarm!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RitarDid, May 11, 2012.

1. RitarDid

RitarDid Lurker
    None

May 11, 2012
    Hi all,
    I've searched for a solution to this problem and I'd love a little hand-holding to find a fix...
    I use my HTC Sensation as an alarm clock, works great. However, some mornings my battery has run low overnight and the low battery notification seems to completely block the alarm; no sounds at all. I don't want to sleep in so I'd love to disable the battery notification entirely but I've yet to find a way to do it. FYI, I'm using the stock alarm clock app, I'm not sure if it's Android's or HTC's.
    IMHO the alarm app should take priority over...well, everything just to make sure the alarm goes off, but for now I may need a hack. If there's an alarm app out there that will push the low battery notification aside to wake me up I guess that would work too, but the notification is pointless so I'd love to just get rid of it. If it makes a difference my phone is rooted so I can manually pull some system files out if necessary; currently the system is still more or less stock.
    I'm on Android 2.3.4, HTC sense 3.0, HTC Sensation (Z710a), Virgin Mobile Canada.
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    I have the 3VO, so not sure if the sensation is the same, but check, Settings/Power/and see if then save power is check marked, uncheck if it is, and in the same area, where it says save power automatically, hit that tab and you can adjust the % there

RitarDid likes this.
  3. RitarDid

RitarDid Lurker
    None

May 11, 2012
    I just turned off power saver this morning, didn't realize that would also disable the notification....thanks for that!
    So far does anyone know a way to automatically enable the power saver but skip the notification box?

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Yes, hit the tab I mentioned and that will disable by %, other than that I don't believe there are any other way