• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low battery temperature

wuchoo

Lurker
Apr 20, 2012
Hi, this is my first post, so, hi everyone!

Basically, today I had the yellow triangle with the flashing thermometer notification on my phone when I tried to charge it. So, having snooped around, I found that a lot of people have also encountered this problem.

I read about some solutions (alcohol and bending the USB port) and so, tried them out. My Galaxy S2 now charges again, but every few minutes it will come up with the 'Charging paused. Battery temperature too high or too low.' notification.

I have checked the battery temperature (using *#*#4636#*#*) and it quotes that I have a -7C temperature. This seems exceptionally low and I was wondering if there was a way to boost the temperature back to a normal one.

Note: I took the battery out for about 15 minutes and when I put it back in and turned it on, the battery temperature showed 23-5C, but then after a few minutes it will revert back to -7C.

Thanks in advance for any help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones