1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Low battery warning message - annoying

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adrian100, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Adrian100

Adrian100 Lurker

Hi. Can anyone advise how I get rid of this really annoying low battery warning message? It appears when the battery is at 35% and presents every time it reduces by a further 1%!
    It's really annoying as it takes over the whole screen and it can't be swiped away.
    Also this message is in addition to the standard samsung warnings so not sure if it's a virus / malware or just a bloatware add on. Any advice on how to get rid of it please??? Thanks

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, is it coming from an add on battery monitoring app? Phil

3. Adrian100

Adrian100 Lurker

Thanks for the reply. It may be but I've tried to close or deactivate all apps with battery monitoring - not sure if facebook avg could be the culprits.

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

This was driving me crazy but I found it. It's coming from the Peel Remote app. It must have started after a recent update to the app. To disable open the app, go to settings, notifications, uncheck battery saver notifications.

5. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Well done and thanks for the follow-up, always helpful for others who have the same problem. Phil

6. wenso martin

wenso martin Member

Helpful information.. Thanks for sharing the post..

7. Arqum Younus

Arqum Younus Newbie

When your phone is on battery saver, long press the low battery notification till it shows the info symbol( the app is System UI ). Click the info button and then turn off “Allow Peeking”. This should stop the notification from popping up.

Note it will stop other system notifications from peeking ( it will show up on notification but not as a pop up ).

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews