• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Low disk space" on HTC Desire

Hello Android users,

Anyone figure out a way to move the app installations to your SD card on an HTC Desire with Eclaire (2.1) installed? I'm restlessly waiting for 2.2 to be released by Telus in Canada but don't know when that's gonna be (hopefully sometime this month). As of now, I'm running out of space to install any new apps (especially big ones like, say, ANGRY BIRDS?!). I tried out the trial version and fell in love...and now if I want this app, I have to get rid of a bunch of my useful apps.

So ultimately, my question is (and I might be coming across as a newb here but hey, I just got this phone so give me a break) if there is a way to install my apps directly on the SD card? I know I could root it and install FroYo, but I just paid for a 3 year warranty with Telus that I don't want to void within 20 days of getting the phone.

Any help will be appreciated!! If anyone has any updates on Telus getting the upgrade anytime soon, do let me know!!

Thanks for reading!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones