1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

"Low disk space" on HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by erraticheretic, Oct 17, 2010.

1. erraticheretic

Oct 17, 2010
    Hello Android users,

Anyone figure out a way to move the app installations to your SD card on an HTC Desire with Eclaire (2.1) installed? I'm restlessly waiting for 2.2 to be released by Telus in Canada but don't know when that's gonna be (hopefully sometime this month). As of now, I'm running out of space to install any new apps (especially big ones like, say, ANGRY BIRDS?!). I tried out the trial version and fell in love...and now if I want this app, I have to get rid of a bunch of my useful apps.

So ultimately, my question is (and I might be coming across as a newb here but hey, I just got this phone so give me a break) if there is a way to install my apps directly on the SD card? I know I could root it and install FroYo, but I just paid for a 3 year warranty with Telus that I don't want to void within 20 days of getting the phone.

Any help will be appreciated!! If anyone has any updates on Telus getting the upgrade anytime soon, do let me know!!

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

2. erraticheretic

Oct 17, 2010
    Woops, didn't realize this wasn't for questions. Anyhow, awesome to be here. I love my HTC Desire thus far...except for minor things like the whole low space things.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....:)

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join the conversations! :D